Thursday, June 11, 2009

MOAB!

My good friend Marsha invited Melissa and I on a girls only trip last weekend. We had a FANTASTIC time. One of the Attorney's at her work was married to one of the local Moab river runners that sadly passed away last year. she allowed all of us to tag a long while on her first river trip since his passing. We stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge and had our own private cabins, a reserved dock and our own personal boat captain Zane! The boat we ran was lovingly named "Grandma" This was a nick name for Julie's husband Brian and was one of the only motorized boats on the river so you could go up stream against the rapids..then hit them hard on the way back. I have never gone down a river with white water before so this was a real treat for me. I loved every minuet of it and am still recovering from my perma-grin! It was a quick trip, but just what I needed to recharge the batteries!









One of the runs got a little shaky when 1.) Boat hits major rapid where layers (Leslie) fly right into Melissa's head shattering her glasses (notice in picture above) and 2.) rescues were made when 2 "men over board" needed to be brought into the safety of the motor boat by Sheila (notice pic of lady with gash on her leg) Man she is a trooper! Ahhh memories!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey woman you gotta email me some pics! I only took like 10 pictures. I am very lame.

Melissa said...

Man that was a fun trip though!!
Oh yeah "remember molly"!