Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Halee's dance performance!

I am a little behind on this post, but still thought it important enough to share it. Better late than never. Hal had her dance performance a few weeks ago. They danced to the classic Bangles song "Walk like an egyptian," one of my favorit kareoke past times! She has been on the fence about dance. Some days she loves it and other days not so much. I do not have any desire to force her into something she doesn't want to do just because I enjoyed it as a child, but have alway stuck by the rule of NOT quitting in the middle of the year. To be honest dancing did not seem to be her lot in life. She would never practice at home and when she did she often missed steps or wanted to just make up her own thing. I know she is only 6 and is still at the stage where they just watch the teacher and mimic what she does, but they have been working on this dance all year. Well come performance night she NAILED it. I was blown away! She continues to amaze me every day and remind me of how much we are alike. We have to figure it out for ourselves and when it comes time for it we perform! She now has decided she not only wants to stay in dance, but is ready for competition teams next year! She is the shorter one in the blue pants! I tried to upload the clip of her dance, but my computer struggles I guess!

1 comment:

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

Halee you gorgeous woman you! I wanna see her dance!!