After the empire state building the bus took us up through Mid town and down town, through Hell's Kitchen and Harlem and through the East Village. It was great to be able to see so much of the city and have a tour guide to give all the inside scoop!
We spent some time walking around and checked out 5th av, Rockefeller Center and central park then went over to ground zero. This being my second day there seeing a space that big in the middle of that city was amazing. They have fenced off the area completely and have started construction on the buildings that will fill the open space, but moved everything to a cathedral across the street that served as a haven during the 9-11 clean up. It was astounding the reverence that fell over the group of young girls that barely remember the tragedy.
To end a great day I was able to see Mama Mia on Broadway I loved it! I thought the movie was ok, but have a deeper apreciation after actually seeing it on stage!
No comments:
Post a Comment