Thursday, October 2, 2008

Starting over




So I completely screwed up my blog so we are starting over! Oh well live and learn! It was a rough draft anyway, I'm getting better at this. We will continue to add stuff but for now here are some shots of my little ones!
I'm adding to this post because I want to add the story of Vance's Birth, It was on the old version so those who have viewed the blog already know but those who haven't have the option to read about what a great experience I had bringing our little guy into the world!
4am Wednesday Aug 27Th (yes 27Th) standing on the porch after a crazy shopping day and an even crazier night of discomfort my water breaks, I go in and double check to make sure I didn't just pee myself, and wake up Jim...he's calm but ready to go right away, but I knew that once I arrive with a broken water they will keep me and I had not yet started having contractions so I figured I was alright for a while. I'm a freak and wanted the house clean for the baby to come home to, so we cleaned. I knew the health inspector was scheduled to come for the Salon the next day, so we cleaned the Salon. I knew that once I got there they would lock me up and starve me, so I ate a bowl of cereal. At this point Jim was getting a little antsy to call his mom and to go to the hospital, so we left. We arrived at the hospital around 8am, I was admitted and put on Pitosin, by 10:30am my contractions were bad enough to get an epidural, and of course we requested the friendly James who helped us with Halee. ( Oh yeah you know you are a good anesthesiologist when your patients remember your first name after 5 years) We got the epidural and it actually sped things up. I went from a 3 to a 8 in 2 hours and from a 8 to a 10 in 10 minuets! Dr Langer delivered me because Dr Moreland was out of town, but she was fantastic. after 2 contractions he was out. No tearing no cutting and a perfectly round head! Epidurals are my friend!! Vance came out just as calm as could be, he is still like that! at a whopping 6.6 lbs 20 in and a ton of black hair he is the joy of our lives. Halee is always in his face giving him as many kisses as she can, and has not calmed down on wanting to hold him at every possible second! She has been a great big sister so far. Vance is now 6 weeks old and trying to smile, He is very mellow and sooths himself to sleep most of the time. he lets you have it when he is hungry, but overall one of the best babies I have ever seen! We love him!

2 comments:

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

Your blog looks SO good!! Nice job love.

The Butcher Family said...

Ahhh so cu-et!