Jim is still working for Manwill Plumbing and heating. He is now a MASTER plumber (hehehe) and is loving going to work and playing with Kris! He takes care of the kids almost every night while I either go to school or to my home away from home Beans and Brews to study. Vance is for sure a Daddy's boy and cries when he doesn't get to go with dad in the truck, his new favorite word. Though the pronunciation of the word "Truck" gets often altered to sound like....well you know, use your imagination. Halee is doing well at school, she moved up a level in both Math and Reading. I could not be happier with her school. She has excelled this year and I am amazed everyday at how much she is learning. She loves her little brother. is looking forward to Easter she has already started planning the annual Easter party here with my side of the family. She is becoming quite the little baker and party planner. I hear everyday what she is planning the theme to be at her next Birthday party. Vance is now well into the naming explosion phase of his development. He will repeat everything he hears,(Good and Bad) learning colours and shapes and knows about 20 different animal sounds. He is such a joy for all of us and keeps me smiling even when I am ready to pull my hair out. I accepted a wonderful position at the U of U in the Colon and Rectal surgery department. I am an assistant to an assistant 3 days a week. It is minimal stress, flexible hours allowing me to stay on task and go to school. I feel very lucky to be working with such a wonderful group and am astounded every day at what these doctors do for people. The are truly heroes. This job will hopefully give me the opportunity to start the nursing program through the U of U hospital and SLCC in the fall. Applications are due next month and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in. They accept 30 students a semester and pay for the duration of the program so long as you continue to work for the U for 3 years after graduating. I am one semester away from my associates and am really excited to have at least one degree under my belt. In our free time we enjoy hanging out with some amazing people and are looking forward to many BBQ'a and get togethers with friends this summer. Life is good, and will keep getting better if you stop to count the blessings in every day. I must remind myself of this often. I tend to let life get away from me. Here's a few pic from the last few months. ENJOY!
4 years ago
3 comments:
Yay! Good to have you back Jen! I LOVE that picture at the top of your blog- OMG, those kiddos are beauties!! I am sooooo proud of you for sticking with school!! (Yes, Jacky ALSO likes to repeat EVERYTHING too- ah ha ha)
Awe Jen!! It's so nice to get an update! I feel you dear, it's hard trying to juggle it all but it's worth the sweat and tears. Even getting my associates was thrilling, you should graduate from SLCC...seriously. It's rewarding.
What happened to the Alta job?? Working with great peeps is key! Plus, I secretly love the U too...
This job was offered to me out of the blue right after I accepted the alta job, and it was better pay, flexible hours, easier work (stuff I already knew form Huntsman, and allowed me to go to school through the U. NO BRAINER!
Thanks Sammi you were always good for advice on school and what steps to take next. I thought about doing the graduation thing, but I will not actually be done til the end of the summer, so I would feel like a fraud if I walked!
Post a Comment